How to enlist
To enlist send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
Teams of 4* effective people can enlist. The organisation of Electroniade needs the following information:
- The team’s name. The format of a team name is <mother organization>_<team name> , e.g. KULEUVEN_THEMOSFETS. The organization has the right to modify the team name to avoid confusion or to preserve good taste.
- The website/social media page of the team, if not, of its parent organization.
- The parent company, institution, formal or informal group it represents.
- A corresponding person, called “captain”, with
- Mobile phone
- The names and emails of the effective participants, 4 in total, possibly including the captain. One can change all effective participants until the last moment, yet the corresponding person cannot be changed.
* Teams may include a 5th member if that person is under the age of 18: In an effort to encourage participation of younger persons (and STEM education) in the electroniad, each team of 4 may include (but is not obliged) one team member under the age of 18. Teams may select an underage member of their own choosing, or will be paired with a student or young person pursuing studies in the field of electronics.
The registration fee is 20 € per team (giving right to 20 € of free drink coupons). During the registration process you will receive the bank details.
Registration becomes valid after payment is received.
Registration open until October 1, 2018.
After October 1, 2017 only on invitation.
By enlisting, the team agrees that its participation and results will be made public.
On approval by the organization the team will receive a “roll number”. Having an early roll number bears little benefit, except that this gives a place close to the quiz masters, and gives the advantage in case of a draw.
Personnel of the Organizer cannot participate in the competition, participation outside competition is possible.
Each round is separately scored.
The winner is the team that reached the highest total of the scores of all rounds.
There will be sub-competitions if sufficient candidates in the category
the best teams of a university, high school or secundary school
the most original answer etc.
Jury decisions cannot be disputed.
In case of a draw, the team with the best score of the “file rouge” (red wire) wins. In case this is also a draw, the team with the lowest roll number wins.